"Oh, how I wish I had an elder brother!!! He would take care of me...... He would do this......He would do that.........!"
And yes, this is practically what some of my friends say. Always raving about a super cool, big brother they never had. And I would be like staring at them and thinking.... "What?!!!Why, why, why, why?!?!! Of all the other things in the world, why do they need a brother who is just a few years older to them.
Well that is what I thought so, until quite recent..........
( If you ever thought that something great and interesting is going to happen in the next
few lines, kindly delete those thoughts as they would end up making you
disappointed)
Let me introduce my status among my siblings. Well, I am the only perfect daughter who is sandwiched between a brother who was born 6 years and seven months and nineteen days before me and another brother who was born seven years and ten days later.
When Imad was not yet born (Imad is my younger brother), me and my elder brother were, well you can say in good terms. And in fact, my Umma has told me few times, that unlike me, my elder brother used to look after his immediate younger sibling pretty well (I mean come on.......how come I don't remember that). And not only that, once when my aunt had asked him (long back) , that why couldn't he do something really creative (he used to be very good in drawing), well this is what he answered "Well you see, I have to look after my little sister".Well basically, all I can say is that we used fight and play a lot together, and we were very fond of each other (well I'm not very sure whether me brother was very fond of me, :P but I was).
And then by younger brother Imad was born (He was super-duper cute) and that's when we started growing apart. Well, don't get me wrong, Imad has nothing to blame for it was just that I was becoming a completely irritating primary kid and my elder brother was hitting the teens. And well you can imagine, these are the two age group which cannot stand each other. And yup, we basically hated each other, I mean from his point of view I'm like this annoying, nagging sister and from my point of view he's this...bossy brother who gets angry for every silly thing.And Imad, was soooooo naughty and destructive and I was basically his regular victim. He used to beat, bite, scratch, etc. (and not to mention I used to hit back, at times, but very lightly) and to top it all, he was very cute.
But then again,we all grew up and now the tables are turned. My elder brother is an adult, I am a teenager, and yes, basically Imad is the primary kid.
And now elder brother rarely gets mad at me and we kind of got closer during the last summer holidays in Malaysia (yes I have close relations staying there). In Malaysia, my uncle has this neat Mercedes sports car ( don't ask me which model is it, 'cause I have no idea) in which my brother used to drive and take me to McDonald's. Before every ride my mother used to tell me to tell him to drive slowly. But what's the use, I wouldn't say a word about it to him and he used drive full speed and it was amazing. Anyway in Malaysia my brother din't obviously have any close friends and basically he became closer to all of us.
And now my younger brother, well he is the perfect annoying little brother. Sometime's when he crosses the limits of annoy-ism, I just burst and then basically stand there and think what to do.
Anyways, even though he is very trying at times, he can also become kind of a bit gentle-man by knocking the door before entering my room, helping me, etc. And yes, making fun him and seeing him get angry is something which I, my brother and my uncles enjoy. But then, even though he is super duper irritating, try as much as hard , I cannot deny the fact that I love him to bits.
According to me, elder brothers are understanding, never complains and protective, while younger brothers are very open, caring and in someways also protective.Thanks to my brothers, I cannot imagine a life being lonely with no siblings...
And yes, this is practically what some of my friends say. Always raving about a super cool, big brother they never had. And I would be like staring at them and thinking.... "What?!!!Why, why, why, why?!?!! Of all the other things in the world, why do they need a brother who is just a few years older to them.
Well that is what I thought so, until quite recent..........
( If you ever thought that something great and interesting is going to happen in the next
few lines, kindly delete those thoughts as they would end up making you
disappointed)
Let me introduce my status among my siblings. Well, I am the only perfect daughter who is sandwiched between a brother who was born 6 years and seven months and nineteen days before me and another brother who was born seven years and ten days later.
When Imad was not yet born (Imad is my younger brother), me and my elder brother were, well you can say in good terms. And in fact, my Umma has told me few times, that unlike me, my elder brother used to look after his immediate younger sibling pretty well (I mean come on.......how come I don't remember that). And not only that, once when my aunt had asked him (long back) , that why couldn't he do something really creative (he used to be very good in drawing), well this is what he answered "Well you see, I have to look after my little sister".Well basically, all I can say is that we used fight and play a lot together, and we were very fond of each other (well I'm not very sure whether me brother was very fond of me, :P but I was).
And then by younger brother Imad was born (He was super-duper cute) and that's when we started growing apart. Well, don't get me wrong, Imad has nothing to blame for it was just that I was becoming a completely irritating primary kid and my elder brother was hitting the teens. And well you can imagine, these are the two age group which cannot stand each other. And yup, we basically hated each other, I mean from his point of view I'm like this annoying, nagging sister and from my point of view he's this...bossy brother who gets angry for every silly thing.And Imad, was soooooo naughty and destructive and I was basically his regular victim. He used to beat, bite, scratch, etc. (and not to mention I used to hit back, at times, but very lightly) and to top it all, he was very cute.
But then again,we all grew up and now the tables are turned. My elder brother is an adult, I am a teenager, and yes, basically Imad is the primary kid.
And now elder brother rarely gets mad at me and we kind of got closer during the last summer holidays in Malaysia (yes I have close relations staying there). In Malaysia, my uncle has this neat Mercedes sports car ( don't ask me which model is it, 'cause I have no idea) in which my brother used to drive and take me to McDonald's. Before every ride my mother used to tell me to tell him to drive slowly. But what's the use, I wouldn't say a word about it to him and he used drive full speed and it was amazing. Anyway in Malaysia my brother din't obviously have any close friends and basically he became closer to all of us.
And now my younger brother, well he is the perfect annoying little brother. Sometime's when he crosses the limits of annoy-ism, I just burst and then basically stand there and think what to do.
Anyways, even though he is very trying at times, he can also become kind of a bit gentle-man by knocking the door before entering my room, helping me, etc. And yes, making fun him and seeing him get angry is something which I, my brother and my uncles enjoy. But then, even though he is super duper irritating, try as much as hard , I cannot deny the fact that I love him to bits.
According to me, elder brothers are understanding, never complains and protective, while younger brothers are very open, caring and in someways also protective.Thanks to my brothers, I cannot imagine a life being lonely with no siblings...
Oh My God..!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I mean, I am someone who always wanted an elder brother... even though I know, it isn't of any use wishing for one as I am already born!! And y'know what...? You just made want a brother as a sibling more and more!!
You brought a smile to my face after reading this!
Btw, your writing skills are really good. So shut up and sit there and don't ever underestimate yourself... :P :)
Keep Writing...
LOVE,
Malavika :)
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx Malavika,
DeleteYou also brought a smile to my face.
Love ya,
Azzah Hassan
Hey Sis,
ReplyDeleteSound awkward..?? never mind.. anywayz your post is ah-mazin..!! it pretty much explains my situations with ..well.. u no who.. my two"great" brothers..! even after this post, i somehow want an elder brother.. even more! so keep writin..!
loads of love,
maryam! =D
Thaaaanx Sis,
DeleteIt doesn't sound weird at all.
You guys are the reason that I'm blogging, so thank you so much.
Loads and loads of love,
Azzah Hassan
:')...wow....ull reach heights my love...ur really good at this...keep writing...ill keep reading ;)...
ReplyDelete:*:*:*
Ohhhh,
ReplyDeleteI never expected that u would read this.
Anyways, thanx,
And how is ariz and everyone else...
Convey my regards to everyone....
Love,
Azzah